Friday, December 04, 2009

money train

You need money to make your dreams come true. Something that no one told me but perhaps should have – many years ago.
I am constantly meeting people who are doing so much more in life. It’s not easy to quantify and I do hate to put a number to things – but I see more smiles on their faces, and to be precise broader smiles.
So is it actually the money that’s making them smile? I do hope to God that it isn’t true. It would sort of crumble all other hopes that draw inspiration from those big toothy smiles.
So in a way, I am glad no one told me that money is what makes your dreams come true.
What do I want? At 32, I should know. The thing is, I know. But can I do it? Yes I can. But how is the question? That is the biggest question.
Can I give it all up and say hey, I am going to do it? No I can’t. Too many strings attached - and that, I can’t deal with.
Do I see a light? Yes I do. It’s bleak but I assume it will get stronger over time. Would I, then, give it all up and do what I want to do? In a heartbeat.
Life is actually pretty simple – we just screw it up for ourselves. Someone told me that it costs nothing to be nice. Of course it doesn’t. But being nice comes with its consequences. Would I rather have a grumpy person beside me who is nothing but honest or would I prefer a smiling cheery face who is perhaps faking it from the word go? You tell me.
So I come back to ask - do you need money to make your dreams come true? Yes, especially if you’re sort of swimming with baggage. Ironically, baggage can also keep dreams at bay. Much like garlic for a vampire.

1 comment:

Shuchita said...

Hi Priya,

I read your article on Money Train :

(What do I want? At 32, I should know. The thing is, I know. But can I do it? Yes I can. But how is the question? That is the biggest question.
Can I give it all up and say hey, I am going to do it? No I can’t. Too many strings attached - and that, I can’t deal with)

This is the common Question every Indian Girl faces and doesn't know how to do it.You have addressed to this part very nicely.In my opinion we can deal with it if we enjoy true equality.